Call for Art: ART Off The Wall
A call for artwork to benefit the Brookline Arts Center
Exhibition: April 28-May 12, 2018
Juror: Julie S Graham
Event: Saturday, May 12, 6:30-9:00pm
Entry Deadline: March 26, 2018,11:59pm
Scroll down for submission
We are thrilled to present our fourth annual ART Off The Wall! This year, we are seeking submissions of limited edition prints from Boston area printmakers.
Julie S Graham (artist, educator and this year’s Berliner Award recipient) will select all work to create a curated collection of prints. During the event, individuals who have purchased a Collector’s Ticket will have the opportunity to take home a piece from the collection.
If selected, artists are expected to submit 3 prints of the same image of which there are multiples. If submitting a 2D work, one of the 3 prints should be framed. Collectors will have the option to take home the framed print (reimbursing the artist for the framing cost) or an unframed print. Collectors will pay $200/ticket. The first print chosen by a Collector will be considered an in-kind donation to the Brookline Arts Center. If more than one print is selected the artist will be reimbursed $100/print.
All selected artwork will be included in the exhibition (April 28-May 12, in conjunction with Brookline Open Studios), in an online gallery and in all digital and printed promotional materials.
Proceeds from this event directly support the BAC’s mission of bringing the community meaningful experiences in the arts. Thank you so much for your donation and commitment to the arts!
- Only original limited edition prints will be considered. We are looking for artists using the techniques of lithography, wood/linocuts, screenprints and etching. Monoprints will be accepted if there are 2 additional artists' proofs. Artists' books and 3D prints are also accepted, providing that there are exact multiples in the edition.
- Prints must be signed, dated and numbered.
- Photographs and giclee/digital prints will not be considered.
- Please note that by submitting your artwork for consideration, you are agreeing to donate it to the Brookline Arts Center. Artists will be reimbursed $100/print for up to two prints. One print should be framed.
- Artists may submit up to 3 images. 1 jpg per submission. Images MUST be in jpg format, high quality, 1 MB size max. All work must be accompanied by title, materials, dimensions, year of completion, value and number in edition (fill out on submission form).
- Format for image files: Lastname_Firstname_1, Lastname_Firstname_2, etc.
- Artists must also submit an artist statement and resume. Files must be in pdf format.
- All work must be original. By completing the application, artist agrees that they are responsible for the creation of submitted works.
Artists will be notified of their status via email by 9:00am on Friday, March 30, 2018. If your work is selected, it must arrive presentation ready (with appropriate installation materials) by 5:00pm on Monday, April 23, 2018. All artists whose work is selected will receive an acknowledgement letter for their tax-deductible in-kind donation
Please call 617-566-5715, or email email@example.com.
Julie S Graham is a painter whose practice also includes works on paper, photography and painted constructions. She is on the painting faculty of the School of the Museum of Fine Arts at Tufts and her work is widely shown throughout the U.S. In addition to teaching at the SMFA, Graham has taught many workshops in Italy, Vermont and Boston and frequently leads independent critique seminars. She is represented by the Kingston Gallery in Boston, and some of her exhibitions include: Victoria Munroe Fine Art, Boston; Friederieke Taylor Gallery, NYC; the Painting Center, NYC; Ruth Bachofner Gallery, Los Angeles; Rose Art Museum, Brandeis University; Fuller Museum, Brockton, MA and Currier Gallery of Art, NH. She has twice been a finalist for the Massachusetts Cultural Council Awards, has won two Blanche Colman Awards and was granted a residency at the MacDowell Colony.