The BAC accepts exhibition proposals twice per year. Our call for exhibition proposals encourages solo artists and groups of all levels to organize and present a professional exhibition with the guidance and support of our staff. The BAC's gallery hosts three to four solo or group proposed exhibitions each calendar year. Our gallery committee consisting of local artists and arts professionals make the exhibition selections. Artists may be put on a waiting list for future chances to exhibit.
To apply, please follow the instructions below. Then, use the link toward the bottom of this page to submit your application fee of $35.
Upcoming Application Deadlines
July 1, 2017 (2018 Exhibition)
Local, national and international artists are eligible for consideration. Group and solo exhibitions of all media are welcome to apply.
Work size is limited to the space available within the gallery itself. The the main gallery is approximately 127 square feet and includes a hanging wall that is 12’ tall x 18’ long. A second floor hallway (121 square feet) and small gallery room (120 square feet) are also available. All work, including installation work, must be able to be contained within the confines of these spaces.
Please read the details below and carefully follow the directions on how to apply.
• Submit all application materials electronically via the submission form below. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. *For submission assistance, please call 617-566-5715, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Exhibiton proposals must be submitted by one artist. This can be an artist proposing a solo exhibition for him/herself or an artist proposing a group exhibition.
• Artists must submit 5-10 digital images, an exhibition narrative and resumes of each artist involved. Images MUST be in jpg format, high quality, 1 MB size max. All work must be accompanied by title, materials and dimensions (fill out on submission form). Exhibition narrative and resumes MUST be in pdf format.
• Format for image files: ArtistLastName_ExhibitionTitle_1, LastName_ExhibitionTitle_2, etc.
• Format for narrative files: ArtistLastName_ExhibitonTitle_Proposal.pdf
• Format for resume files: ArtistLastName_ExhibitonTitle_Resume.pdf
• All work must be original. By completing the application, artists agree that they are responsible for the creation of submitted works.
• Any A/V equipment required for the exhibit will need to be provided by the artist.
• Proposals should be made in consideration of the BAC's gallery space. Visiting us before applying is encouraged.
• Submissions without payment of entry fee will not be considered.
*Brookline Arts Center reserves the right to withdraw acceptance if quality does not reflect images or if the artist violates requirements.
Submit payment here.
Applicants will be notified of their status via e-mail four weeks after the application deadline. If selected, BAC staff will arrange a meeting with you prior to your installation period.
All exhibitions will be approximately one month in length. The placement of the exhibit within the calendar year may be timed to accommodate BAC special events.
Please call 617-566-5715, or email email@example.com.