Call For Art: Wicked Strange
Wicked Strange: Art Oddities from the New England Imagination
September 28-October 27, 2018
Reception: Thursday, October 4, 5:30-7:30pm
Special Event: Halloween pARTy Saturday, October 27 from 7:00-9:30pm
Juror: Brian Goslow, Managing Editor, Artscope
Entry Deadline: August 31, 11:59pm
Entry Fee: $10
Scroll down for submission and entry fee
All artists residing in New England (Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island) are eligible to submit work. All submissions must be entered online through the BAC's submission form (link below). Up to six pieces of artwork can be submitted. *Artwork must be dropped off in person. The BAC cannot accept shipped work for this exhibition.
- All media welcome.
- Artwork must have been created within the last five years.
- Original work and unframed prints may be submitted.
- Work must be available for exhibition dates.
- Maximum size 2D: up to 84" in either dimension.
- Maximum size 3D: combined dimensions must not exceed a total of 144 inches (height+width+depth), total weight must not exceed 100lbs.
- Video work: If accepted, the artist is responsible for providing all necessary viewing equipment.
- Artists may submit up to six works. One jpg per submission. Images MUST be in jpg format, high quality, 1 MB size max. All work must be accompanied by title, materials, dimensions and year of completion (fill out on submission form).
- Format for image files: Lastname_Firstname_1, Lastname_Firstname_2, etc.
- Artists must also submit an artist statement and resume. Files must be in pdf format.
- Submissions without payment of entry fee will not be considered.
*The Brookline Arts Center reserves the right to withdraw acceptance if quality does not reflect images or if the artist violates requirements.
Artists will be notified of their status via e-mail by 5:00pm on Friday, September 7, 2018. If your work is selected, it must arrive presentation ready (with appropriate installation materials) by 5:00pm on Monday, September 24, 2018. Work must remain on exhibit through Saturday, October 27, 2018.
*Artwork that is selected for the exhibition can be listed for sale at a price determined by the artist. The BAC is entitled to 30% commission.
Please call 617-566-5715, or email email@example.com.