Updated 4/8/21, 2:00pm
We hope that you and your family are staying safe and healthy. Thanks to your support, we are proud to continue fulfilling our mission of providing meaningful experiences in the arts.
We are so excited to welcome you to in-person classes this summer!
This summer’s programs are going to look a little different than past years. The safety of our faculty, students, and staff is our top priority. We will be offering half-day programs to avoid shared meals indoors and have eliminated early drop-off and late-pickup. In addition to in-person classes, we will also continue to offer virtual classes and adult evening and weekend classes. We are committed to continue providing the same high-quality classes and programs our community is used to receiving from the BAC.
These new policies are to both assure you that we are closely following government requirements for running our summer programs and to be sure that families agree to the important role everyone plays in keeping their summer experience as healthy as possible. Please know that we will do all that we can to keep students and staff safe and happy.
You can read more about the precautions the BAC is taking to ensure the health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff HERE. Our COVID-19 protocols and procedures follow the necessary requirements and the Lowest Risk and Best Practices protocols. Changes to our programs have been made in accordance with guidelines put forth from the following:
We ask that all staff, faculty, and students commit to the safety and health of themselves and fellow students and families attending the BAC summer programs:
- We ask that families consider their children’s ability to comply with all social distancing and hygiene protocols as established by the BAC.
- We request staff and students with underlying health conditions consult with their doctor about their decision to attend the summer program.
- We request that staff and families do not attend the summer program if they or anyone in their household exhibits any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Families and staff are requested to prescreen their health status and be conscious of the safety of their social and public activities in the 14 days leading up to their classes and during class itself.
- Families and staff are required to follow Massachusetts travel restrictions and quarantine requirements as applicable.
- A BAC Waiver and Release is required to be signed upon registration. After registering for an in-person class, students will be sent and required to sign the waiver indicating their agreement to our safety protocols.
Registration for summer programs will open on Wednesday, April 14. If you have any questions about our summer programs and COVID-19 policies, please email email@example.com or call 617-566-5715.
Thank you for working with us to ensure a successful summer at the BAC. We look forward to seeing all of you!
This year, we’ve adapted our programs to reach far beyond our walls. Through virtual art classes for all ages, free Art at Home activities and financial assistance, we’ve expanded access to art and provided new opportunities to create and connect. Despite significant challenges, we continue to find new ways to serve you, our community, through art.
Through exhibitions, public art in Monmouth Park, our expansion into Coolidge Corner with the opening of Beacon Street Gallery, and our virtual Brookline Open Studios & Marketplace, we’ve removed barriers to participation and provided a place for artists to share their work in more ways than ever before.
In the coming year, with your support, we will provide more art classes and events for the public and bring as much joy to our community as possible. But in order to do that, we need your help. We continue to lose significant income due to COVID-19. We can only continue to grow, adapt and serve our community with your support.
Please support the BAC to ensure we will be here far beyond the pandemic.
Thank you for your commitment to the arts and for your generosity. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Take care and be well!