Event Date: October 3, 2020
Group Exhibition: September 11-October 9, 2020
Registration Deadline: June 1, 2020
Brookline Open Studios & Marketplace encourages interaction and creative exchange between artists and offers the community opportunities to experience a diverse range of creative works throughout town.
This exciting town-wide event features three vibrant hubs, including Brookline Arts Center, Brookline Village and Coolidge Corner, in addition to artists opening their home studios throughout Brookline. This triangle of activity provides a festive atmosphere for artists and visitors alike, featuring solo and group artist sites, demonstrations, entertainment, food trucks and more. This year’s event will feature more than 70 artists throughout town, offering the community a glimpse into their work and creative process.
Visual artists of all artistic mediums from Brookline and beyond are welcome to participate. Open Studios is not a juried event. If you register, you will participate.
- $100 – Participating artist in own studio/home/group coordinated site
- $150 – Participating artist in group Sponsored Site (Brookline Arts Center, Brookline Village group site or Coolidge Corner group site)
- $150 – Participating organization or business
*Need-based reduced rates are available. Please contact us at 617-566-5715 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need a reduced rate.
- Artists must register online. Your registration will not be complete until your payment is received. *Registration and payment links are located at the bottom of this page.
- Artists will receive all information about participation via email including deadline reminders, logistics information and marketing materials. *Artists are responsible for keeping track of all deadlines, information and policies.
- Artists must provide an artist statement, website and social media links (if applicable).
- Artists may upload up to three images on the registration form for use in marketing the event. Images MUST be in .jpg format and no less than 300ppi.
- Artists are responsible for their own setup, sales and takedown of work for the event.
- Artists residing or working in Brookline are encouraged to open their homes/studios to showcase their work and art process. We encourage artists who have homes/studios in Brookline to share with one (or more) artists in need of a space to exhibit for the event.
- Brookline Open Studios & Marketplace Sponsored Sites are available to artists. Space is limited and will be on a first come, first served basis. If you need a space and would like to participate at a Sponsored Site, please select your preference on the registration form.
- If you need help finding an exhibition space, please email email@example.com.
- The Brookline Arts Center is available to artists. This location will primarily offer outdoor space in Monmouth Park. A tent and tables will be provided, and grids on request. A logistics meeting will be scheduled with participating artists at this location after registration has closed in June.
- A group site in Brookline Village is available to artists. This location will offer outdoor space on the terraces of the former New England Institute of Art at Washington and Boylston Streets. Tents and tables will be provided, and grids on request. A logistics meeting will be scheduled with participating artists at this location after registration has closed in June.
- A group site in Coolidge Corner is available to artists. More information about this location will be available soon.
- Each artist will have an image in the participating artist gallery and an individual artist page on our website.
- Artist pages will include up to three images, an artist statement, the artist’s exhibition location during the event and links to their website and social media pages.
- Participating artists will be highlighted on our social media pages with images, brief artist statements and their exhibition location for the event.
- Group Exhibition
- The Brookline Arts Center will host a group exhibition open to all participating artists September 11-October 9.
- The exhibition provides an opportunity for the community to get a preview of the artwork that will be on view during the event.
- One piece of artwork per participating artist will be included in the exhibition.
- All participating artists are encouraged to attend the reception on Friday, October 2 from 6:00-8:00pm.
- Event Program Book
- All participating artists will be listed in the event program book with their name, exhibition location and website.
- A map of participating artists will be available in the program book and online.
- Event Visitors
- Artists will have the opportunity to share their work with the public throughout the event.
- Brookline Open Studios & Marketplace is free to attend and accessible via a special event shuttle and MBTA’s Green Line.
- The three event hubs will feature numerous solo and group artist sites, demonstrations, entertainment, food trucks and more, creating a festive and welcoming atmosphere to draw visitors from our community and beyond.
*Artists are expected to participate in marketing efforts for the event through their own websites, social media, newsletters and more.