Full Time Position
We are seeking a creative, energetic and enterprising Executive Director with a “can do” attitude and a passion for the arts and education to lead the organization into its next phase. The BAC is a visual arts center committed to bringing the community meaningful experiences in the arts through classes, exhibitions and outreach. At nearly 60 years old, the BAC is one of the most forward-thinking and comprehensive arts centers in the Greater Boston area, serving over 5,000 individuals of all ages and backgrounds annually.
Each year, our programs for all ages include over 400 classes and workshops, 15 exhibitions, 25 school partnership classes, community outreach initiatives in collaboration with several organizations, public art, community events and an artist residency.
The Executive Director will provide leadership for the organization through hands on programmatic and financial oversight, fundraising strategy and implementation, marketing strategy and implementation, partner and program development, as well as board, community and donor relations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Development and Fundraising
- Fosters and oversees all fundraising activities, working with the Board to develop fundraising strategies and events including stewarding donors and sponsors.
- Researches and writes grants for special programs and operations.
- Ensures implementation, management and reporting of grants and projects.
Strategic Leadership, Programming and Community Outreach
- Ensures quality and responsiveness of core arts programs so they remain engaging, innovative and consistent with the organization’s mission, philosophy, objectives and overall strategic vision.
- Building community by gaining local support and partnership while working on fulfilling BAC’s strategic goals.
- Recruits and retains high quality faculty.
- Analyzes reports on enrollment trends, competitive analysis, tuition pricing and others as needed.
Public Relations and Marketing
- Serves as the BAC’s external face and ambassador, passionate about our mission and able to convey the importance and uniqueness of our organization and programming to diverse constituencies: current and potential students, parents of students, donors, the Town of Brookline and area schools, and the broader arts and education communities.
- Raises the organization’s profile through strengthening community partnerships and interaction with community, arts and business leaders.
- Ensures strong brand consistency across all media.
- Develops and oversees implementation of marketing and outreach strategies.
Operations and Finance
- Oversees and manages all aspects of day-to-day operations (office administration and systems, accounting with a contract bookkeeper, banking, tax filings, human resources).
- Prepares annual budget, regularly reporting to Board on budget vs. actual and key indicators (class enrollment numbers, fundraising, profitability by class/event, staffing, facilities issues, etc.).
- Oversees the care and maintenance of our historic building, supervising contract work and ensuring safety guidelines.
- Builds our team and encourages a workplace that attracts, inspires, motivates and retains a diverse and our dedicated staff and faculty.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree is a plus.
- Strong commitment to the arts, education and community enrichment.
- At least 4 years of experience in a management or executive role for a nonprofit organization, with a preference for experience in arts and educational programming.
- Preferred experience managing and developing a diverse staff in an open and collaborative environment.
- Preferred experience in fundraising events and campaigns.
- Preferred experience preparing financial budgets, interpreting financial statements and proactively managing revenues and expenses to achieve financial goals.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Willing and able to perform some work after normal hours or weekends for programs/events.
Salary of $65,000-$75,000, depending on experience; 100% medical coverage; three weeks of vacation time, plus winter break and Town holidays.
Please send a resume and cover letter outlining your qualifications and interest in the position to email@example.com by January 15, 2021. Please include “Executive Director” in the subject line.