The Brookline Arts Center (BAC) is seeking an art teacher to work with ages 5-11 during our Summer ArtVentures program. The teacher will be responsible for providing overall class goals and objectives, developing class content and curriculum and providing a loving and nurturing environment.
The BAC’s popular ArtVentures program for children blends fun with learning through a balance of structured projects, creative expression and play. We promote artistic exploration while developing technique and critical-thinking skills. Each week’s theme is explored through a variety of mediums and imaginative projects. Students have three breaks during the day to explore our beautiful park, play on the connecting playground or participate in a game with their peers. Our weekly programs culminate in an art show designed to showcase and celebrate each child’s artistic accomplishments.
Classes meet from 9:00am-4:00pm with a one hour lunch break for children and two snack breaks. Early drop-off is available at 8:00am and late pick-up is available until 5:30pm. Lead teachers are in the classroom 8:00am-4:30pm or 9:00am-5:30pm each day and will have a 30 minute lunch break.
Lead Teachers will be responsible for:
- Creating class plans and projects/curriculum
- Leading children through class plans and projects/curriculum
- Communicating with administration regarding any class or student issues
- Communicating with guardians of children when necessary
- Be responsible for the maintenance of studio space while classes are taking place
- Creating a warm environment for all students and arts center patrons
- Interacting with and engaging children in activities
- Providing the asst. teacher with instruction when necessary
- Excellent knowledge of child development.
- Experience teaching art and creating art projects for ages 5-11.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of general safety rules and basic first aid.
- Professional and patient.
- Ability to interact with and engage children and families.
- Ability to work effectively in teams and individually.
- Knowledge of art materials and general care of studio space.
- A willingness and ability to learn new skills.
- MA in Art Education preferred or equivalent work experience.
Priority will be given to individuals available from June 22 through September 4.
The Brookline Arts Center’s Summer 2020 ArtVentures Program weeks are as follows:
Week 1: 6/22 – 6/26
Week 2: 6/29 – 7/2
Week 3: 7/6 – 7/10
Week 4: 7/13 – 7/17
Week 5: 7/20 – 7/24
Week 6: 7/27 – 7/31
Week 7: 8/3 – 8/7
Week 8: 8/10 – 8/14
Week 9: 8-17 – 8/21
Week 10: 8/24 – 8/28
Week 11: 8/31 – 9/4
Please send resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 29, 2020. Please include “Summer 2020 Lead Teacher” in the subject.