March 13-April 10, 2020
Juror: Arlette Kayafas, Gallery Kayafas Director
Submission Deadline: January 1, 2020, 11:59pm
Submission Fee: $25 for 1-3 submissions, $35 for 4-6 submissions
The BAC invites artists of all media residing in the United States to submit work for Activation. Artists have explored the nature of vision and movement in art since the early twentieth century. For this exhibition, we are seeking works that move or are activated to perform. A call for Kinetic Art: art of both real and apparent motion. Works should explore the element of time, or reflect on the modern world through technology.
All artists residing in United States are eligible to submit work. All applications must be entered online through the BAC’s submission form. Up to six pieces of original artwork can be submitted.
- All media welcome.
- Artwork must have been created within the last five years.
- All submitted work must be original.
- Work must be available for exhibition dates.
- Maximum size 2D: up to 84″ in either dimension.
- Maximum size 3D: combined dimensions must not exceed a total of 144 inches (height+width+depth), total weight must not exceed 100lbs.
- Video work: If accepted, the artist is responsible for providing all necessary viewing equipment.
- Artists may submit up to six works. One jpg per submission. Images MUST be in jpg format, high quality, 1 MB size max. All work must be accompanied by title, materials, dimensions and year of completion (fill out on submission form).
- Format for image files: Lastname_Firstname_1, Lastname_Firstname_2, etc.
- Artists must also submit an artist statement and resume. Files must be in pdf format.
- Submissions without payment of entry fee will not be considered.
*The Brookline Arts Center reserves the right to withdraw acceptance if quality does not reflect images or if the artist violates requirements.
Entrants will be notified of their status via email by 5:00pm on Friday, January 17, 2020. If your work is selected, it must arrive presentation ready (with appropriate installation materials) by 5:00pm on Friday, March 6, 2020. Shipped work must be received in reusable wrapping with check or prepaid label for return shipping. Work must remain on exhibit through Friday, April 10, 2020.
*Artwork that is selected for the exhibition can be listed for sale at a price determined by the artist. The BAC is entitled to 30% commission.
The deadline has now passed.
If you need to submit payment for your submission, please use the submission fee link below.
Please call 617-566-5715 or email email@example.com.