Marketing and Content Editor
The Brookline Arts Center (BAC) is seeking a creative, community-minded, and expressive candidate to fill the role of Marketing and Content Editor. Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Marketing and Content Editor will be responsible for carefully curating BAC’s story, consistently growing BAC’s social media network, and producing digital and print materials.
This position is an opportunity to strategize, develop, and execute marketing and communications plans for a small arts nonprofit. The ideal candidate will have at least six months of related experience, excellent written and verbal communications skills, be tech savvy, and have a demonstrated community building skill. This is an entry level position.
include but are not limited to:
- Write and design digital marketing materials.
- Manage social media platforms.
- Create new online content.
- Research new ways of capturing online audiences.
- Manage and maintain the BAC website.
- Create and distribute press releases.
- Develop printed materials such as season brochures, program books, postcards, and posters.
- Edit photos, videos, and audio recordings.
- Create, execute, and analyze email campaigns, and manage email lists.
- Maintain content calendar for website, social, print, and email communications.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Strong writing, copy editing, and communication skills.
- Proficiency with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop (or equivalent)
- Excellent organizational skills, with an ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Comfortable in multi-tasking to produce high-quality work on tight deadlines.
- High level of customer service skills and strong attention to detail.
- Design-driven sensibility; experienced in developing engaging web content.
- Demonstrated community building skills.
- Team player
- A sense of humor and love and appreciation of art.
Hours are flexible but must work within Monday through Friday, 8am – 5pm. Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required.
This is a part-time position.
Pay: $20/hour for 24 hours per week
Please send resume and letter of interest to email@example.com Please include “Marketing and Content Editor” in the subject. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The Brookline Arts Center is an equal opportunity organization committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its programs and employment. The BAC does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. The Brookline Arts Center is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation in its programs and employment. We strongly encourage applicants of all backgrounds and abilities.