The Brookline Arts Center (BAC) is seeking a creative, community-minded, and expressive candidate to fill the role of Marketing and Content Editor. Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Marketing and Content Editor will be responsible for carefully curating the BAC’s story, consistently growing the BAC’s social media network, and producing digital and print materials.
This position is an opportunity to strategize, develop, and execute marketing and communications plans for a small arts nonprofit. The ideal candidate will have at least six months of related experience, excellent written and verbal communications skills, be tech savvy, and have a demonstrated community building skill. This is an entry level position.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Writing and designing digital marketing materials
- Managing social media platforms
- Creating new online content
- Researching new ways of capturing online audiences
- Managing and maintaining the BAC website
- Creating and distributing press releases
- Developing printed materials such as season brochures, program books, postcards, and posters
- Editing photos, videos, and audio recordings
- Creating, executing, and analyzing email campaigns, and managing email lists
- Maintaining content calendar for website, social, print, and email communications
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong writing, copy editing, and communication skills
- Proficiency with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop (or equivalent)
- Excellent organizational skills, with an ability to manage multiple priorities
- Comfortable in multi-tasking to produce high-quality work on tight deadlines
- High level of customer service skills and strong attention to detail
- Design-driven sensibility; experienced in developing engaging web content
- Demonstrated community building skills
- Team player
- A sense of humor and love and appreciation of art
Hours are flexible but must work within Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm. Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required.
This is a part-time position with the potential for growth to full-time status.
$20/hour for 24 hours per week
Please send resume and letter of interest to email@example.com by May 24, 2021. Please include “Marketing and Content Editor” in the subject.
The Brookline Arts Center is an equal opportunity organization committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its programs and employment. The BAC does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. The Brookline Arts Center is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation in its programs and employment. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds and abilities.