Protocols for Students Taking In-Person Classes at the BAC
***Please read the entire list of policies below as well as our General BAC Policies before registering for a class.***
The BAC reserves the right to suspend access to our facility if we believe a student is jeopardizing the health and safety of others, either by displaying symptoms or by not adhering to protocols. After registering for an in-person class, students will be sent and required to sign a waiver indicating their agreement to our safety protocols and their understanding that failure to comply will result in eviction from the facility and expulsion from class without possibility of a refund.
- Students will be let into the facility individually and will be required to wait outside at a distance of at least six feet from one another and from the door.
- Students must sign in upon entering the building to verify that they do not have any symptoms related to COVID-19 and have not been exposed to any individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19.
- Students are required to use installed hand sanitizing stations upon entering the facility and individual classrooms.
- Students must wear a mask at all times. Masks must adhere to CDC guidelines and must cover both the mouth and nose at all times. Masks will be provided for students who do not bring their own.
- Students must wear gloves if instructed to do so by the teacher during class. Gloves will be provided.
- Students must maintain at least six feet of distance between themselves, their teacher, BAC staff members and other students in the facility at all times.
- Students must work at their designated work stations and refrain from visiting other stations.
- Students are required to clean and disinfect their assigned stations at the end of class. Cleaning supplies will be provided.
- Students are required to pay a fee for materials designated for their use for the duration of the class. Sharing materials with others is prohibited.
- Students are required to wash their hands thoroughly before and after touching any common surfaces.
Teachers and Employees of the Brookline Arts Center
- Teachers and employees are required to follow the same rules/protocols as students taking in person classes.
- Teachers and employees are asked to continually monitor their own symptoms and assess potential exposure risks for the duration of onsite classes.
- Teachers and employees are asked to not come into the facility and to notify staff as soon as possible if they develop symptoms or test positive for COVID-19.
- Teachers and employees are asked to not come into the facility and to notify staff as soon as possible if they have become aware of potentially being exposed to COVID-19.
- If a teacher begins to experience COVID-19 symptoms during class hours, they must notify staff as soon as possible, end the class, ask all students to vacate the facility, and assure them that a staff member will update them within 24 hours.
- If a student begins to experience COVID-19 symptoms during class hours, the teacher must notify staff as soon as possible, end the class, ask all students to vacate the facility, and assure them that a staff member will update them within 24 hours.
- All individuals in the facility on the same days as a teacher or student who presents symptoms or has been exposed to COVID-19 will be informed of the risk. The individual’s anonymity will be maintained.
- Teachers and employees are required to exercise frequent hand washing while within the facility and to use hand sanitizing stations liberally throughout class time. It is mandatory for teachers to wash their hands thoroughly with warm water and soap for a minimum of 20 seconds upon arriving at the facility.
- Teachers will be asked to enforce student cleaning and disinfecting of assigned stations at the end of class, and to routinely remind students of mask wearing, physical distancing, hand washing and hand sanitizing,
- Refunds will only be given if the request is made one week prior to the start date of the class/workshop less a $25.00 non-refundable administrative fee. No refunds will be issued after that window.
- If the BAC cancels a class/workshop up to the start date of the class/workshop due to low enrollment, a full refund or credit will be issued.
- If the BAC must transition an onsite class to a virtual format due to concerns about COVID-19, our refund policy will apply. However, we will make every effort to deliver the same curriculum and will evaluate materials refunds on a case by case basis.
- If an on onsite class must be cancelled due to concerns about COVID-19, no refunds or credits will be issued, with the exception of ceramics. Refunds and credits for cancelled ceramics classes will be determined on a case by case basis.