The Brookline Arts Center (BAC) is a visual arts center committed to bringing the community meaningful experiences in the arts through classes, exhibitions and outreach.
At 56 years old, the BAC is one of the most forward-thinking and comprehensive arts centers in the Greater Boston area. Annually, our programs for all ages include over 400 classes and workshops, 15 exhibitions, 25 school partnership classes, community outreach initiatives in collaboration with several organizations, public art, community events and an artist residency.
We are seeking individuals passionate about the arts to join our Board of Directors. Individuals with backgrounds in art, nonprofits, education, marketing and fundraising are encouraged to apply.
As the highest leadership body of the organization and to satisfy its fiduciary duties, the Board is responsible for:
- Evaluating the performance of the Executive Director.
- Strategic and organizational planning.
- Ensuring strong fiduciary oversight and financial management.
- Fundraising and resource development.
- Approving and monitoring the organization’s programs and services.
- Assessing its own performance as the governing body of the organization.
Each individual board member is expected to:
- Regularly prepare for, attend and participate in Board Meetings and important related meetings.
- The BAC’s Board meets every other month and holds one annual strategic planning meeting. There are no Board Meetings in July, August or December.
Please email a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com with subject “BAC Board Member”.